National Poetry Month Celebration
What exciting things have you accomplished in 2013?
1) “52” Visual poetry workshop and group reading sponsored by the Inlandia Institute and the Riverside Art Museum, Riverside, CA
2) “between the tables,” collaboration of my poetry with modern dancers, choreographed by Crystal Sepulveda, Back to the Grind, Riverside, CA
3) Redlands 125th Anniversary Reading with PoetrIE, by invitation, Ed Hale Park, Redlands, CA
4) “Runes of Time,” two-person reading with Shali Nicholas, Buddhamouse Emporium, Claremont, CA
5) “Art in the Alley,” readings by PoetrIE members, Redlands, CA
6) “Beyond Baroque,” invited to read, Venice, CA
7) “Singwyrd,” self-published chapbook in collaboration with Michael Thomas Cooper
Trying to get books and chapbooks published. Collaborations with dancers, poets, and artists. PoetrIE becoming a non-profit – scholarships, speaker series, etc. I am being featured in two readings in 2014. Teaching visual poetry.
Favorite inspirational quote:
“Whenever you interact with people, don’t be there primarily as a function or a role, but as the field of conscious Presence. You can only lose something that you have, but you cannot lose something that you are.” Eckhart Tolle